Camphor Essential Oil 100% pure & natural 10ml
Camphor essential oil is obtained by steam distillation of the leaves and bark of the tree Cinnamomum camphora which is known as the real camphor. In aromatherapy only white camphor is used. Camphor has a slightly medicinal, sharp and refreshing aroma and is pale yellow in colour. It is extracted from the wood of the Camphor tree. Common camphor uses are to relieve pain and reduce itching, as well as increasing blood flow.
Camphor essential oil is obtained by steam distillation of the leaves and bark of the tree Cinnamomum camphora which is known as the real camphor. In aromatherapy only white camphor is used.
- 100% Pure
- Cinnamomum Camphora
- Purity Tested/Quality Assured
- Aroma: Fresh, intense, woody. Its aroma is somewhat eucalyptus-like due to its high cineole content.
- Country of Ogigin: China
- Benefits: include its properties as a stimulant, antispasmodic, antiseptic, decongestant, anesthetic, sedative, and nervous pacifier. It also acts as an antineuralgic, anti-inflammatory, disinfectant, and an insecticide.
- Theurapeutic properties: Muscular aches and pains, rheumatism, cough, bronchitis, colds, acne, rashes, parasitic skin infections, contusions, bruises, insect repellent.
- Mixes (Blends) well with: Basil Linalool, Cajeput, Chamomile Roman, Lavender, and Rosemary 1,8-Cineole.
- Extraction method: Steam Distilled
- Color: Pale yellow
- Consistency: Thin
- Perfumery Note: Middle
- Strenght of initial aroma: Strong
- Plant – part used: Wood
Add 1-2 drops of Camphor and 1-2 drops of Rosemary to 2 teaspoons of carrier oil.
Mainly used in vapour therapy, massage, bath and skincare.
Chemistry of Camphor oil
The main chemical components are a-pinene, camphene, b-pinene, sabinene, phellandrene, limonene, 1,8-cineole, y-terpinene, p-cymene, terpinolene, furfural, camphor, linalool, bornyl acetate, terpinen-4-ol, caryophyllene, borneol, piperitone,
geraniol, safrole, cinnamaldehyde, methyl cinnamate and eugenol. The brown and yellow camphor oil has a very high safrole content, with yellow having between 10 – 20 % and the brown having 80%. These two oils are considered
toxic, as well as carcinogenic.
100% pure Rosemary oil.
Natural essence oils are highly concentrated and should be used with care.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with eyes. If pregnant or lactating, consult your healthcare practitioner before using.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
- Do not apply undiluted to skin
- Camphor oil should be used with care as it is classed as a convulsant and neurotoxin – advised not to use in aromatherapy.
- Do not use if pregnant.
- Do not use if suffering from epilepsy and asthma.
This mixture has already been diluted and ready for use. Look at the book of essential oils.
Essential oils mixed with bearing oils can clog the diffusers; Please thoroughly clean it after each use.
While “Health from Nature” strives to ensure the accuracy of its product images and information. Although items may occasionally ship with alternate packaging, freshness is always guaranteed. We recommend that
you read the labels, warnings and instructions for all products before using them. Read all instructions from “Health of Nature”. Use specialized manuals such as The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils (Rockport, MA: Element Books, 1995), Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Health Care Professionals 2nd Edition(Robert Tisserand and Rodney Young:
Churchill Livingstone, 2013).